ARRIVAL & PARKING
•Arrival by car or bus
- Coming from Frankfurt, take the A 6 motorway towards Heilbronn / Stuttgart, take the Mannheim-Schwetzingen exit after the Mannheimer Kreuz.
- Coming from Stuttgart/Heilbronn, take the A 6 motorway towards Mannheim/Frankfurt, then take the Schwetzingen-Hockenheim exit after the Walldorfer Kreuz.
- Coming from Basel/Karlsruhe, take the A 5 motorway towards Heidelberg/Darmstadt, then take the Heidelberg-Schwetzingen exit after the Walldorfer Kreuz.
- Coming from Cologne/Saarbrücken/Ludwigshafen, take the A 61 motorway towards Speyer/Stuttgart, switch to the A 6 towards Mannheim/Frankfurt at the Hockenheimer Dreieck and then take the Mannheim-Schwetzingen exit after the Hockenheimer Dreieck.
|Schwetzingen has no low-emission zone, i.e. you do not need an emissions-control windscreen sticker on your car to drive in Schwetzingen.|
Arrival by public transport
- Schwetzingen can be reached by railway from Mannheim or Karlsruhe.
- Alternatively, you can reach Schwetzingen from Mannheim on the BRN 710 bus.
- From Heidelberg, you can reach Schwetzingen by tram: Line 22 towards Eppelheim. At the final stop Eppelheim/Kirchheimer Straße, switch to the bus BRN 713 to Schwetzingen Schlossplatz.
- From Heidelberg or Speyer, you can reach Schwetzingen on the BRN 717 bus.
There are about 1500 parking spaces within the town of Schwetzingen. For a precise list of where you can leave your car, see the figure.